This solution in 2 Steps :
The Ocean Cleaner is developing the first feasible global project for fighting and recycling the ocean’s Sargassum pollution. The concept approved and recommended by Florida Atlantic University – Brian E. Lapointe.
1/ Stop the Sargassum with special floating barrier :
Our floating barrier is the most efficient for blocking the Sargassum seaweeds and floating debris !
Our barrier are built to be strong and flexible enough to withstand waves and Sargassum !
Specific aspects :
- it lets through seawater and waves like a strainer
- floating barrier high enough ( 0,50m/1,6ft ) to not send floating debris and seaweeds above it
- the barrier goes down to 1.10m (3,5 feet) below the surface of the water
- UV resistant for a very long life
- easy to disassemble when it’s the end of Sargassum season, for maintenance, or before big storms
- allows sea turtles and other marine animals to pass under
- a mesh small enough to not catch fishes
2/ Remove the seaweeds with the Sargaboat© Evolution :
- the only harvesting boat approved and recommended by Florida Atlantic University – Brian Lapointe Ph. D. HARBOR BRANCH
- specially designed for the sea and resistant to corrosion
- great harvest width: up to 4.40 m /14.4ft thanks to its foldable arms
- high capacity harvesting: 17 m³ per trailer.
- Sargaboat© Evolution, can harvest more than 1000m³ for a work day of 8:00 hours
- non-stop working thanks to his trailers.
- It only needs 5 minutes to switch a full trailer by an empty trailer
- autonomous trailer, equipped with engine allowing to navigate towards the place of unloading.
- cockpit at the front: excellent visibility
- good maneuverability: 2 outboard motors ( catamaran )
- low center of gravity: good stability at sea
- specially designed to harvest along a floating net, a dock etc.